Puffer Baby Got stuck in my Pump Intake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75galsalt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a baby puffer maybe 2 to 3 inches, poor thing must have knocked off the sponge and got himself sucked to the intake of my maxie jet 1200
he was stuck around his right eye - at first his eye looked like it was popped out, now it is back in but cloudy white, and around his eye looks harmed like it maybe very spongey.... he does not seem to be bothered but it bothers me I let him get hurt... I am wondering what to do - I can still see his iris but around it is real white and milky - is he blind in it? can I do anything?

Keep a careful watch on the eye for signs of bacterial infection. Swelling, redness and so on. I would get a QT set up as you may need to treat with antibiotics. Be sure you keep the water quality as pristine as possible. Any amount of elevated DOC/nutrient or nitrate can lead to opportunistic bacterial infections. Do not be afraid of doing large water changes 2x weekly, in fact I would encourage you to do so. Just be sure the new SW is well aged/aerated and has matching chem to the display/QT tank. Make sure all foods fed are fortified with HUFA liquid vitamins and if you can find it Beta Glucan.

Do you already have a cycled QT?

Cheers
Steve

Yes he is now in a QT tank, set up and just in case I have already treated with Anitbactierial (sp) meds.

He does not like being alone :(

he is not eating either

What meds exactly/what dosage and what are the QT parameters. Actual numbers please!

Cheers
Steve

my asfur angel in my qt suffered the same fate. unfortunately, i found this out too late.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom