Puffer experts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Majbarsalona

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I was thinking of starting up a species only tank with just puffer fish for a fresh water or brackish tank. Can anybody help me with the ideal conditions and setup for the tank?

For a freshwater puffer you could get a ten gallon aquarium with anubias and crypts. This tank could hold a pair of dwarf puffer fish. A 15 gallon brackish water tank could hold a single figure 8 puffer.

bettaowner said:
For a freshwater puffer you could get a ten gallon aquarium with anubias and crypts. This tank could hold a pair of dwarf puffer fish. A 15 gallon brackish water tank could hold a single figure 8 puffer.

What would I need for maybe a green leopard puffer I believe the name is?

At least 30 gallons for a green spotted puffer. They also need brackish water and full marine water as adults.

Alyxx said:
At least 30 gallons for a green spotted puffer. They also need brackish water and full marine water as adults.

Thanks, so would my best bet be putting 2 dwarf in a ten gallon or maybe even 4 in a 20 gallon?

Thanks, so would my best bet be putting 2 dwarf in a ten gallon or maybe even 4 in a 20 gallon?

Yep. A basic rule is 5 gallons per dwarf puffer. Please note that puffers eat live food and require snails to trim their teeth.

Back
Top Bottom