puffer fish or reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, I was thinking the other day about how much I miss my puffer fish and now I was wondering if I should continue with my reef tank, or if I should just go back to puffer fish, they are so fun, and mine would let me pet him and hand feed him. I just wish he didn't die. He got ich and died in the QT. My other one I guess just hated life and he jumped out of my tank and dried up on the floor. =/
:(

Go the puffer I've got a lil Saddle Valentini Puffer he rocks had him for about 2 weeks he's only small about 1 and a half inches my first fish after my 55 gallon tank cycled so much personality

Attachments

• image-998379731.jpg
    image-998379731.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 151
Puffer for sure :) keys is right, they have so much personality. I would rather have the puffers I have right now then a dog

Do you know of anything I could put in my puffer tank to eat hair algae that they won't kill off right away?

3 GSP and 1 porcupine. That's what the guy at the LFS said but I dont wanna spend that kind of money just for a snack for them, ya know?

Yeah, just keep an eye on him. It should be good though. I kept a scooter with mine. But I added a lion fish and the scooter was never seen again. But I was a new back then

fish are friends not food

Haha thanks, I've had these guys for a while and I do a lot of research ( its 4am where I'm at and I'm on here lol) but I'm still fairly new to the salt water game

I'm in the planning stages of a GSP tank for my GF and she's in a big hurry to get them. Everytime she goes to the LFS, I wonder if she's gonna come back with a pair lol.

I've never done SW or brackish, so trying to teach her some patience while it all comes together. They're cute and fun to observe, but there sure is a lot to learn and prep for.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

What lion fish do you have I'm looking at getting a medium size one a zebra dwarf or an attenna

Gsp? And I had the valenet? Idk it's 4 over here to so I'm like blah

I had a voliton lion. Sorry for spelling, it's late. But I lost it same day as my puffer and rabbit fish. Puffer and lion were about 10 in, rabbit about 4. Lion ate rabbit. Rabbit stung lion and killed it, rabbit died from all of that stress and puffer fish jumped out. I was like WTF. but that was 4 years ago

Hi being a saltwater newbie I got my new 44 g tank cycled it and came home to find a dogface puffer my girlfriend fell in love with a little gutted as I wanted a reef tank but wouldn't go back we now have added a porcupine puffer and a jewel puffer they bring me so many smiles everyday they have so much personality 

Cody what a bad Chain of events sorry to hear about it how bigs your tank champ

Back
Top Bottom