Puffer info please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim Wheatley said:
I feel like the GSP really needs rescuing. Amazing that they sell them really...

Puffers are predators. Some of the most aggressive and ruthless fish you can ever keep. Expect to lose everything else you might care about in that tank and expect to HAVE to feed them either live snails or live crayfish at some point to keep their teeth short. If you do not do that you will have to remove the fish, hold it, and trim it's teeth - which isn't fun.

So the cute smile and sweet eyes GSP have that my GF fell in love with is a diversion? lol

I want to do a SW, so this will be good training. Can I put LR in with them? The salinity is like .010 from being full SW it seems.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Does anyone have any experience with these fish. I look on that DP site but It seems pretty dormant. I was thinking about placing a DP in our 38g tank in the future. Would they be ok with tiger barbs and gauramis

Seewaa said:
Does anyone have any experience with these fish. I look on that DP site but It seems pretty dormant. I was thinking about placing a DP in our 38g tank in the future. Would they be ok with tiger barbs and gauramis

There's a tankmate link that should answer your question.

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom