Purple and tellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferny27

Aquarium Advice Activist
So 2 weeks ago got a purple tang 4-5 inches and i put him in my tank with the yellow tang which is smaller then him. They have been getting along this whole time since last night. The yellow tang is bothering him all night and morning. That's wired because the yellow is a lot smaller. What do I do ?

from what I've read, your suppose to put them in at the same time so they don't fight. but they should stop fighting within a few days. if they don't, you will probably have to rehome one

Sometimes you will have issues because they are the same body type. Sometimes it is just personality. Putting them both on at the same time is best though. Keep an eye on them as they may just be testing one another out.

After about 20 years of keeping tangs together I would say this could be territorial so the yellow tang could be challenging the purple tang or that the purple tang is weaker yet larger , give it a few days if it doesn't Change try to move some rock around to change the layout , had the same thing with my 2 tangs just last week and they settled it themselves good luck

How many tangs can you have in a 150 gal, I love those fish. I'm dying to get a clown tang.

Back
Top Bottom