putting shells in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have some shells I was wanting to put in my tank. I bought them from my drama teacher a couple years ago at a school "rummage sale" of sorts. I'm not sure exactly where they came from but they sat in her room for years. They look like they were bought at a gift shop.
So my question is, what should I do before I put them in my tank?

I would wash them off before you put them in. You could with baking soda if they look dirty.

They don't. I already soaked them in hot water twice. I didn't know if maybe there was something else I could do tho. I was afraid to boil them.

I already have some shells in there that my dad put in and for all I know he just rinsed them off and threw them in. That was over a year ago.

paytertot said:
I already have some shells in there that my dad put in and for all I know he just rinsed them off and threw them in. That was over a year ago.

Well if no fish died then I would go for it and I would be afraid to boil because I know when you boil rocks they explode.

Back
Top Bottom