Quantum Theory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone wanna talk about quantum theory? Anyone else know what quantum theory is?

Hahaha well for those of you who don't know I will use an analogy. Imagine you have a fish- it is both a tetra and a danio, at the same time. But when you look into the aquarium, it can only be one- Either a tetra or a danio. If anyone needs more explaining or wants me to go more in depth- ha, get it? Deeper! In the tank! Unless you have an unusually shallow tank... Then not even a tetra would fit in.

Hahaha well for those of you who don't know I will use an analogy. Imagine you have a fish- it is both a tetra and a danio, at the same time. But when you look into the aquarium, it can only be one- Either a tetra or a danio. If anyone needs more explaining or wants me to go more in depth- ha, get it? Deeper! In the tank! Unless you have an unusually shallow tank... Then not even a tetra would fit in.

Dude you lost me Haha

So it is a quark or photon- the explanation of those is a conversation in of itself- and they are two things at once. So to put it as simple as possible, it is on and off at the same time until you measure it. At that point, it has to choose which one to be while you measure it. But the act of looking at it influences it, even though i is completely random. Lol

I was going to mention it at home but thought 'if I say I could have a fish tank in a room as long as I don't see it -- I'll just get told to keep my eyes shut and imagine I do have the second tank I want ... '

So if I do a wc and I spill a ton of water in the floor.. In that moment my feet are wet and I'm getting yelled at but if I shut my eyes and turn the music up.. I'm just at a pool party?? Quantum something has met it's match! Or has it???

Well outright denial of facts shouldn't be considered scientific... But long as you don't quote me, im chill with that.

I thought it was that new yoga/breathing exercise thing...wait that's quantum method oops sorry if I offended you:$

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Kind of like when you don't look at them they could be any distance but when you do look they are closer?

Would it apply to time?? Like when they zap you back in time you could go to any point (although I think it was 40 years back)?

That's not an explanation of quantum theory, that is just another iteration of the thought experiment; Schrodingers cat;

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in essence it attempts to illustrate that in some views of quantum physics, the final state of a particle is determined by the observer and the very act observation has an effect on the thing observed.

So it is a quark or photon- the explanation of those is a conversation in of itself- and they are two things at once. So to put it as simple as possible, it is on and off at the same time until you measure it. At that point, it has to choose which one to be while you measure it. But the act of looking at it influences it, even though i is completely random. Lol

Uhhhmm......
you got that all jumbled up.

a photon is a quanta of light and can exhibit properties of both a wave and a particle.
a quark is a sub-atomic, quantum particle that is a building block, or an ugly Farengi who runs some bar on some space station.

not the same things at all.

Uhhhmm......
you got that all jumbled up.

a photon is a quanta of light and can exhibit properties of both a wave and a particle.
a quark is a sub-atomic, quantum particle that is a building block, or an ugly Farengi who runs some bar on some space station.

not the same things at all.

Two bricks of gold pressed latinum for you for the Star Trek dsn reference!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom