Quartz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Quartz is inert, so no problem. If you have a large piece, scrub it with a brush to remove large particles and rinse in a bleach solution. Then soak it well in water with overdose of dechlor to be sure you remove all traces of bleach. I would then dry it and if you can't smell any bleach you are good to go.

well it's a little dirty I will take your advice TankGirl & R McAllen. I was gonna clean it with a dollar store special cleaning tool. and then leave it in water overnight..then may be boil it ...may try th bleach thing.. what ratio of bleach to water?

Be careful boiling it, it might crack, depending upon the piece. I would skip that and just scrub it with a brush, hose it off with the hose on its strongest setting, and then dunk it in bleach water, about 5:1 (water to bleach) or even weaker would be fine. Then you will need to soak it in water with lots of dechlor, in case there are any cracks in the stone that are holding bleach. You could also sit it out in the sun for a day to be sure the bleach is gone.

Back
Top Bottom