Question about a Red Parrot cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fluffyntex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw a beautiful Red Parrot cichlid at the lfs yesterday, he had black spots and was about 4 inches in length. I was wondering if I could put him in a tank with a 6 inch angelfish? He was a really pretty fish, looked healthy for $14.99

Does no one know? I would like to find out before someone else buys the fish hehe. He was the only one they had.

Fluffyntex I am not sure but I have heard that they are quite aggressive you might try asking in the cichlid forum below they might beable to give you a better answer. But i agree with you they a very pretty fish.

They are not too aggressive they normaly ignore their tankmates. And their mouths are shaped so it is hard for them to eat on larger fish like angels.

The aggression depends on the particular fish. I've had some that were very docile (actually picked on by Yellow Labs) and some that were terrors. It's hard to really set their personality in stone as they are quite unpredictable. If you do decide to get them, do not house them with tankmates smaller than them and closely monitor their behavior for a while to see how they interact.

Back
Top Bottom