Question about lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stepho725

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just saw a GE fluorescent light @ walmart that says daylight on it.
Any chance it would work for an aquarium?
Id like to get into some plants but I just have the stock light on my Aqueon 29g kit.

I just saw a GE fluorescent light @ walmart that says daylight on it.
Any chance it would work for an aquarium?
Id like to get into some plants but I just have the stock light on my Aqueon 29g kit.

GE actually makes a fluorescent for aquariums and plant growing. It's says it's for aquariums on the packaging. But as long as somewhere on the package you can find 6500k then yes it should be fine.

GE actually makes a fluorescent for aquariums and plant growing. It's says it's for aquariums on the packaging. But as long as somewhere on the package you can find 6500k then yes it should be fine.

Wow - isn't this a much cheaper alternative? It seems that anything marketed towards pets is way more expensive than the stuff for us humans!

Walmart online sells a T8 fluorescent plant light for around $11. It is 25 inches in length. They are only available online but can be shipped to a Walmart store for pick up. I use them to start seeds in the Spring and grow my own plants for the garden. I have one mounted over my 29 gallon and it lights it up great. Here is a link if you are interested

Lights of America 24" Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture: Decor : Walmart.com

Back
Top Bottom