Question about treating Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linacrossing

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my Platy's was infected with Ick and was clearly on his last limb. He could barely swim and just laid at the bottom of the tank. I treated the tank for Ick yesterday and by morning my little fish friend was swimming around and eating again. He still has the white spots from the Ick though. I'm just curious as to when this will clear up completely.

Well what are you treating him with? Ick has a terrible tendancy of coming back. I personally removed all my fish from my tank for about a week when I had it and put my tank through temperature changes. This makes any eggs left hatch and with no fish to attach too they just die off. I havent had a single case of ick since.

What are you treating with? It wil not go away completely overnight. Continue with treatment and it will only get better.

I'd recommend treating with just heat next time you get ich. Depending on what medication you're using, your bio filter may be at risk because many ich mess contain harsh chemicals that kill your BB

Well what are you treating him with? Ick has a terrible tendancy of coming back. I personally removed all my fish from my tank for about a week when I had it and put my tank through temperature changes. This makes any eggs left hatch and with no fish to attach too they just die off. I havent had a single case of ick since.

This is the best way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom