Question on "cleaners"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazztalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gallon FOWLR tank and wanted to get some little guys to help keep things a little clean. I was going to get a blenny and maybe a few snails and/or crabs. At some point, I definitely want to get a shrimp or two (scarlet, banded coral perhaps). Will they get along with the shrimp? Would the snails and crabs get along? If I was only going to get snails or crabs, which would be better? As I'm sure you can see, I'm looking for some general tips on this topic :D . Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, they will all get along fine. You have a good amount of real estate in there, get a whole lot of various type of snails and a decent amount of hermits.
Coral Banded Shrimp can be a bit aggressive, I like the Scarlet better.

Ok, thanks. Will I be ok with more than 1 shrimp? If so, does it matter if they're the same kind or not?

More than one is fine. Stick to the cleaner variety like Fire, Scarlet or Peppermint shrimp. They all get along OK.

Cool, thanks. Sorry if these are all stupid questions, but I really appreciate the advice. Am I correct in assuming it doesn't matter how many I add at once, or how often I add them if I were to do a few at a time?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom