Question on CSM+B Equivalence to Flourish Comprehensive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am currently dosing 5 mls of Floursh Comprehensive with very good results I might add but my bottle is nearing the end and it's time for me to start utlizing my CSB+B but I'm not sure how much CSM+B I would need to add.

Also, I know that I need to make up a mixture, but I've heard two different versions. One tablespoon in 500 mls of water and one tablespoon in 250 mls of water. Anyone know which one of these if the most recommended or it is a matter of taste? Can someone please give me the right mixture ratio and then tell me how much I would need to dose to equal 5 mls of Flourish?

I am so excited, I have gone one week today with no algea, oh I have some green dust algea on my glass but that's not a bother to me at all, not after 8 months of trying to balance my tank, trust me, I can live with it.

It's been a pleasure coming home every night this week and not having to do anything but look at my tank! :D

I now want to make sure that I add the correct amount of CSM+B.

Mamy thanks!
Linda

You can use both 500ml and 250ml but of course you would have to add more of the 500ml mix per dose. In my 20gal I use 7ml of csm+b every other day with good results. However it is a high light tank (5wpg).

1TBL of Plantex CSM+B in 250mL is pretty much a direct replacement for Flourish. (Plantex is 0.234ppm Fe per 5mL dose into 20gals, Flourish is 0.211ppm Fe.)

1TBL of Plantex CSM+B in 500mL is the old school/traditional mix still listed on Greg Watson and the krib. Good mix, but the above does seem more popular nowadays.

Just FYI, Chuck's Calc doesn't do Plantex or Flourish products unfortunately. FertFriend does Flourish and lots of brand names, and this one does Plantex CSM+B solutions, and The Fertilator does both (CSM+B dry only and requires registration). One day there will be a unified calculator :)

Okay, I will make up a mixture of 1 Tbsp Plantex CSM+B with 250mLs of water and start by trying 5 mls in my 29 gallon tank. Your right, there isn't that much of a different, just a tad more Fe.

Thank you all!
Linda

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom