Question on Wet Dry Filter Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badrew

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just upgraded form a 30 gal FOWLR tank to a 72 gal FOWLR tank and installed a WDF with this setup. I have two questions related to it's setup... Question #1- Should I shorten the hose to the sump, it is a little too long, not unmanageable, but I can be OCD about wires and hoses, etc. and Question # 2 - Can I put a 90 elbow on the hose into the sump instead of going into the top straight down? The sump doesnt sit directly under the bulkhead fittings and I find the weight of the hose with water coming down is kind of lifting the sump cover where it enters over the bio balls - or does this impede flow and I should leave it as is and weight the cover down? Thanks for any suggestions or others experiences.

You should be ok to shorten it, but dont make it too tight. Secondly adding an elbow may slow it a bit, try a 45 if possible... Shouldnt really lose too much flow

huma-huma said:
You should be ok to shorten it, but dont make it too tight. Secondly adding an elbow may slow it a bit, try a 45 if possible... Shouldnt really lose too much flow

Thanks, that's a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom