Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheasylumCory

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How come my telescope did well in a small fish bowl but died In a multiple gallon tank

Well heres the thing the fish had survived in the bowl a long time at my gfs house and she didn't like cleaning it the water in the bowl was brown real dark I cleaned it of course. And put him back in the bowl several weeks later we bought a bigger tank and put him in the bigger tank I used purified water and stuff and he lived a few weeks but then died the water was still pure looking not as bad as the bowl. So why he die? Then and not in the nasty *** bowl?

Well I've seen bettas live in bowls the thing is they get use to living in really bad conditions and if the change to a new clean tank is drastic it can kill them unfortunately I think that's what happened to your guy.

Try cycling a tank before you put a fish in a tank and you'll enjoy them for many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old tank syndrome. The fish was so use to the horrible conditions that when it was put into clean water it couldn't handle it and it died. Your need to slowly acclimate them to the clean water.

Back
Top Bottom