Questions about my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so this I guess is my thread. I'd like to get my daughter some fish( her choice) but I would like them to be compatible with my fish already. I have three angel fish one Pleco 4 Amano shrimpand a gourami. I'd like something that schools or maybe something that breeds easy. Also I will be adding four yoyo loaches. Any ideas?

somethingsfishy said:
Ok so this I guess is my thread. I'd like to get my daughter some fish( her choice) but I would like them to be compatible with my fish already. I have three angel fish one Pleco 4 Amano shrimpand a gourami. I'd like something that schools or maybe something that breeds easy. Also I will be adding four yoyo loaches. Any ideas?

How big is ur tank and what filtration are u using

U could do a school of 6 plus neon tetras 6 plus cardinal tetras 6 plus harlequin rasborias 6 plus galaxy tetras those are just some

I'm gonna get some of those neon tetras. My daughter likes the colors. Guess I had no choice when she saw those guys. Would yoyo loaches and clown loaches school together??

somethingsfishy said:
I'm gonna get some of those neon tetras. My daughter likes the colors. Guess I had no choice when she saw those guys. Would yoyo loaches and clown loaches school together??

Clown loaches are to big for ur tank

Yea I know. Just curious if they would for future tanks. Im gonna stick with the yoyos for now. Eventually the wife will cave and a bigger tank will be mine. :)

somethingsfishy said:
Yea I know. Just curious if they would for future tanks. Im gonna stick with the yoyos for now. Eventually the wife will cave and a bigger tank will be mine. :)

They will not school together sry

Don't be sorry. Alls good. :) how would dwarf puffers do in a community tank? I've heard that they are more aggressive in lower numbers. Wondering if I could get three for the tank?

somethingsfishy said:
Don't be sorry. Alls good. :) how would dwarf puffers do in a community tank? I've heard that they are more aggressive in lower numbers. Wondering if I could get three for the tank?

They tend to be just aggressive in general lol. I'll let someone else comment there though.

Homedog98 said:
They tend to be just aggressive in general lol. I'll let someone else comment there though.

They are aggressive and also need brackish water they are good to do alone

Mr. Limpet said:
Dwarf Puffers are freshwater fish, but like all puffers (in my research), they're aggressive and territorial. Not the best choice for a community tank IMO.

Sry was reading like 3 post didn't catch the dwarf part but would still stick with puffer only tanks

That's why im asking all these questions. Want to get some expert advice. I will be getting my yoyos soon but would possible to keep a larger snail that may produce smaller snails for the loaches to eat? I know they like snails.

somethingsfishy said:
That's why im asking all these questions. Want to get some expert advice. I will be getting my yoyos soon but would possible to keep a larger snail that may produce smaller snails for the loaches to eat? I know they like snails.

If u want snails for food go to ur lfs and get pond snails and trumpiter snails a lot of time u get them for free and they breed great for feeding

xfactor6699 said:
If u want snails for food go to ur lfs and get pond snails and trumpiter snails a lot of time u get them for free and they breed great for feeding

I tried that at walmart, not a one in the sump :ermm:. My LFS will sell me some :eek:, but gives me free MTS. Go figure :p

So no snails... yet. I did however get some neon tetras. My four year old LOVES the colors. So we have three of each color red, yellow and orange. They are really cool looking fish.

Back
Top Bottom