questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
1-my 10 gallons levels are ammo- 1.0-2.0, nitrites-0, nitrates 5.0 or 10.0 or 20.0 (so confusing on the colors) so im guessing im cycled bc my water conditioner is seachem prime and i heard that it makes you think you have ammo but realler it's the removed chlorines. what do you think?
2. how am i supposed to plant dwarf hair grass? small clumps? big clumps?
3-i have 3 corys in my 10 right now (upgrading to a 29) and was wondering if i could get 2 or 3 more so they'll feal comfortable (only if im cycled).
3. if im gonna be add more substrate and removing gravel from my sand in my 10 gallon should i remove all the fish?
thanks

1 - You're not fully cycled until your Ammo and NitrItes are consistently at 0. Prime will not give a false positive on ammonia if you're fully cycled.

2 - The smaller plantlets you plant it with with help to speed up the amount of time it takes to fill in. When I planted mine, i did 1 to 2 individual leaves and a small piece of root and planted in a 1x1 grid fashion.

3 - Once you get the 29 you could possibly get 1 - 2 more after your cycle is finished, but they do just fine in groups of 3 as well.

4 - If you can put the fish in a bucket or something it will lessen the amount of stress they'll take on while you make the substrate swapout.

then why am i getting ammonia and nitrates but not any nitrites anymore (i got a big spike of nitrates a couple days ago)?

Back
Top Bottom