Quick Question. Opinions wanted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Fish Babies.

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would either a Celestial Eye Goldfish or a Bubble eye be compatible tank mates with a Black moor and a Telescope? I know the Moors and Telescope are slower and visually challenged. Is it the same for the Bubble eye and Celestial? Set up would be a 60 gallon three gold fish total.

You may get away with keeping a celestial with a moor or telescope (as long as the celestial is able to get his fair share of food) but I would honestly not keep a bubble eye with anybody else other than another bubble eye. Bubble eyes are the extreme of handicapped & visually impaired fancies. They will have a hard time competeing with any other fish for food as well as any issues of aggression (bullying, breeding behavior) from the other fish will result in the delicate bubbles being injured. Good luck with your new tank!!!

Thanks jlk,I just got back from seeing my new tank. The previous owner is cleaning it up a bit. I should have it in a few weeks. I had a feeling about the bubble eye being too fragile. I have real a lot about how their bubbles pop so to speak. I am still up in the air as to what my decision will be. I know it will be another fancy just not sure which type.

Have a look at Rain Garden's goldies- it will give you a great idea of the different goldie breeds (with pics & videos) to consider before you make a commitment to purchase any fish. Steve has new fish up on his site at the beginning of every month & if you are looking for something you dont see, just send him an email & ask. Two other places to check out are the Goldfish Connection & Goldfishnet.com- they both have weekly goldie auctions. Take your time & do your research & ask questions first! :)

Back
Top Bottom