R.I.P. Lost Brutus overnight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
Poor Lil Guy...he was my first all red betta. I moved him yesterday from my 46 gal to my first betta 10 gal. He didn't have any signs of disease or anything. Don't really know what happened...he was swimmin fine last night before I went to bed. :( R.I.P. lil guy

I am so sorry! He was beautiful, for sure.

Sometimes the pH in an established tank is lower due to accumulated detritus over time creating more acidic conditions, and the move into a new tank is a shock, but I am grasping at straws!! It may just be that he was at the end of his life span anyway, and the stress of the move was the thing to do it. It is never easy, no matter how it happens. I really love that red color he had, and hopefully you can rescue another from a tiny cup somewhere!

So sorry to hear about Brutus. We lost our purple Beta last week just as suddenly. The hardest part is getting over what went wrong when you try to be so care careful and do everything right.

Oh bummer :( I'm sorry FWG. And what a pretty baby he was.

I dunno if this is the right time, but friends of mine from WWM have just reduced prices on their betta stock. You might want to take a look; they have some beautiful healthy fish: http://www.deepbluebettas.com/ . There is a pastel pair in there that is just stunning (when you see em you'll know what I mean).

Back
Top Bottom