Rainbow extraordinaire!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johny

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank sits on a table, at the end of a little alcove where my study desk is. The alcove has a window, that I cover with blinds 99% of the time. This morning I opened the blinds to enjoy a little sunshine, and discovered that my tank sits in just the right spot to refract the light and throw a massive rainbow across the room. It is the most intense rainbow I have ever seen.

The photos were a little difficult to take because of lighting issues, but I think they give you an idea...

Attachments

• 100_2253.jpg
    100_2253.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_2257.jpg
    100_2257.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_2259.jpg
    100_2259.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_2260.jpg
    100_2260.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 182
Wow ... nice rainbow! Can you grab a video of it? That would look cool if my tank could do that. Enjoy it now as much as you can. In a few months there probably wont be any light coming through that window in morning:facepalm:. But ... there's always next summer(y)

Its gone for today, but I could another day. The window faces directly east so it always gets some light, but not for long each day. We live less than a mile from the base of a fairly tall mountain, so we only get a couple hours of light from the east before the sun is directly overhead.

Thanks alLexX! Its a little weird to get all excited about a rainbow on my floor, but I decided to swallow my manly pride and share.

I may have to open the blinds every morning. Its just not that often you see one THAT bright.

I agree, very cool!

Just be careful not to go too overboard with the sunlight - otherwise one of the colors in that rainbow will end up splattered all over the inside of your aquarium.

Green.

:cool:

As long as you don't end up like this guy!

Oh wow! No I promise to never, ever be like that guy. I shudder just thinking about it. I think my wife would haul me down to the doctor's and get me injected with some testosterone WAY before I ever got to that level of... Rainbow adoration?

I agree, very cool!

Just be careful not to go too overboard with the sunlight - otherwise one of the colors in that rainbow will end up splattered all over the inside of your aquarium.

Green.

:cool:

Yeah no worries there. The blinds are closed 99% of the time. For what ever reason I decided to open them. I keep em closed to reduce the heat, and because my study desk is there and its impossible to see my laptop screen with the sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom