Rainbow Shark in 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kchung5299

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a rainbow shark in my 10 gallon tank. There is narrow leaf java fern, few rocks, a cave, and a few fake plants. I know its too small of a tank. Therefore, I didn't put any other fish in there. But I was wondering if he survive in there. I know he can't thrive in it but I just want him to be able to live and compensate the lack of space with happiness by simulating his native home. I also have a 55 gal tank, but it's already fully stocked with community fish such as neon tetras, guppies, otocinclus, and so on. But if all goes wrong, am I able to put the rainbow shark in the 55 gal tank without him eating them?

It's a big chance you take on all of the above. I think I would have left him at the store and put more thought into it.

Yeah I would say return him or get him a bigger tank. :/

No matter how fancy/nice etc it's still too small.

Sorry.

I read online that rainbow sharks CAN be kept with community fish, as long as the fish are not too small. So if I put the rainbow shark in my 55 gallon, would he eat my neon tetras, guppies, and otocinluses?

I was just on in tue chat room and met some new friends and we discussed this issue and came to a conclusion that putting 7 guppies in the 10 gallon tankwould be better than a rainbow shark

Maybe not seven. How about 5-6 guppies? Is your tank cycled? Are you going to do a fish in cycle or fishless?

Back
Top Bottom