Ram compatability question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello,
I am looking to restock my 60g hexagon tank.

I really want to get some rams but am unsure if they can live with my current stock.
the tank is planted, well established, 50-60% weekly water change.

I have 5 sword tails 1 aggressive male, 3 temperamental females and a juvenile.
5 kuhli loaches
3 gold dust mollies 1:2f,
1 BN pleco

really? wow you just made my day! could I keep 5 guppies in this set up with rams? they were going to be rehomed but not looking like its going to happen

how many rams do you think I could add

rreekers said:
really? wow you just made my day! could I keep 5 guppies in this set up with rams? they were going to be rehomed but not looking like its going to happen

how many rams do you think I could add

I THINK you could keep guppies..

You could easily do 3-4 IMO. Try for more females

Gboy66 said:
I THINK you could keep guppies..

You could easily do 3-4 IMO. Try for more females

if the guppies didn't work out I have other tanks and places to rehome them too.

what about tetras ? like silver tips and/ or neons? just curious

I will look into how to sex them :)

rreekers said:
if the guppies didn't work out I have other tanks and places to rehome them too.

what about tetras ? like silver tips and/ or neons? just curious

I will look into how to sex them :)

Most any tetra is alright with rams. I have angels, gliwlight tetras, and hatchetfish with my ram. Totally fine

4 rams would probably be the most you'd want to put into that tank. Get 2 males and 2 females, otherwise you are asking for problems.

If your going with rams in your hex tank I would get one pair, if you go for two make sure you have plenty of cover and hiding places cause they can get territorial towards other rams. Let's see some pics!!!!

kdpuffer said:
If your going with rams in your hex tank I would get one pair, if you go for two make sure you have plenty of cover and hiding places cause they can get territorial towards other rams. Let's see some pics!!!!

if I get rams I will add pictures :) I'm in the process of adding more plants and rearranging my tank over the next week or so!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom