Ram with unknown sore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spleshock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am posting here because I am not sure what to do. The picture below is of one of my ram cichlids that has developed a large sore. It started about 2 months ago as a discoloration of the skin that looks like excess slime, as seen in the golden ram on the left, and has become what is on the ram on the right. I have done full treatments of both Furan 2 and Triple Sulfa as directed by the boxes under the assumption that it was a bacterial infection with no change or affect to the sore. No other fish in the tank have been infected by this and the blue ram still eats and behaves normally, other than being more skiddish than normal. Thanks for your help. Here is some information to help you.
IMG_20180207_161352837.jpgIMG_20180207_161351853.jpgIMG_20180207_152017893.jpg

Hi,

I am posting here because I am not sure what to do. The picture below is of one of my ram cichlids that has developed a large sore. It started about 2 months ago as a discoloration of the skin that looks like excess slime, as seen in the golden ram on the left, and has become what is on the ram on the right. I have done full treatments of both Furan 2 and Triple Sulfa as directed by the boxes under the assumption that it was a bacterial infection with no change or affect to the sore. No other fish in the tank have been infected by this and the blue ram still eats and behaves normally, other than being more skiddish than normal. Thanks for your help. Here is some information to help you.
View attachment 307067View attachment 307068View attachment 307069
Tank size: 39 gallons
1 dwarf gourami

4 corydoras

8 cherry barbs

2 khuli loaches

2 Rams

Last fish added were the corydoras and a guppy who died of a sore and general wasting away. I believe this is what got the disease into the tank. They were added over 2 months ago.

Water conditions:

Temp: 79°C

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: <20

pH: 7.5

Wasting disease is caused by protozoa. It is an infection that needs to be treated.It is still probably in tank?
Here is good info from a reliable source..Charles Knows his stuff.
https://www.myaquariumclub.com/wasting-disease-and-flubendazole-718.html
Thanks for the reply. I think I worded the part about wasting away incorrectly. The guppy had lots of excess slime coating and stringy white excrement with the patch of white. She had a full belly the whole time.

Am I correct in assuming that this isn't a bacterial infection such as columnaris because it hasn't killed the ram or spread? My biggest concern is it spreading to my other fish.

Back
Top Bottom