Ranbow/ bala shark problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I just got a bala shark today and I noticed my rainbow shark
Keeps trying to Lay on My bala shark it's like he's trying to push him down... Should I separate them?

They were in my 36 gal, but I was going to

Put them in my 75 gal once it cycled, with my pleco. The bala wasn't fighting at all it was the rainbow tht kept chasing him around. So I grabbed the rainbow and put him in my ten gal baby guppy tank. The baby's are big enouph so he can't eat them. Should I not put then together in the 75 gal? I had a heck of a time getting him with the little bet I had... I had to turn my tank upside down to get him lol. I'm ganna get a bigger net wen I put them
In the big tank it took
Me 20 minutes tell I finally got him lol.

Every time I see a Bala at a fish store I want to punch the salesman

Every time I see a Bala at a fish store I want to punch the salesman

Ha ha ha! I hear ya. I was so disheartened when the guy at my LSF, whom I've grown to trust, was going to sell a bala to my girlfriend for her 37 gallon. The tank is only 12 inches wide, the shark wouldn't be able to even turn around full grown.

Sorry back to the OP...
The rainbow should do fine in a 75. They are territorial so driftwood, rocks, and plants are helpful to establish boundaries and eliminate the line of sight across the entire tank. Mine got more aggressive with age so hiding spots were needed for tank mates.
The bala shark will get too big for a 75 gallon, and do best in groups. Best thing to do is take the bala back to the LFS

I'm no longer going to petco anymore. The laidy said that the bala would have plenty of room
Because they only grow to 11 in jesania I have her the demensions of my tank. 48 long, 18 wide 24 high she said that was plenty big. So I bought him... Petco sucks... Will my pleco out grow my 36 gal tank? No not at all. Now he's 7 inches in 6 months. Will my rainbow shark
Fight with my bala? Oh no they'll b fine don't worry... Only rainbows fight with rainbows. Will this be a big enouph tank... Defiantly that's a huge tank. 75 gals is no problem. :/

The advice given at any LFS can be real hit or miss. Best thing to do is check out what they have and some fish that you like, then go home and research a little on them BEFORE you bring em home. Saves you a lot of headache.

Back
Top Bottom