Random Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiwaTori93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My female convict cichlid was fine yesterday, and was dead when I came home from work today.
Water was tested at LFS with master test kit, everything checked out fine.
Tank is a 29g , with two marineland penguin 200 biowheel filters.
Temperature reads 80 degrees.
We have a small Jack Dempsey cichlid(1.5") in the tank as well and he seems fine, extremely active actually.
Any ideas?

That's really weird. Was she showing any sign of illness? Honestly, convicts are one of the most hardy fish I have seen. Was she eating normally?

That's really weird. Was she showing any sign of illness? Honestly, convicts are one of the most hardy fish I have seen. Was she eating normally?

She wasn't much the past couple of days, a few pellets at each feeding. The only weird behavior that I had noticed was she was hiding in our terracotta pot in the tank a lot, and wouldn't come out except at feeding time. She wasn't chasing the jack dempsey or anything, and wasn't very active.
She would also sit right above the substrate in one spot for a while before going back to the pot... I thought she might be trying to nest as there was a depression in the gravel where she was doing this, but there were never any eggs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom