Re-scaping tank? ... Ideas!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, hey guys! I just got some new DW (just lightly rinsed and soaked, no tannins after 3 hours...)

Anyways, I don't mind tannins. I have re-scaped my tank, and I like it (HB you guys??) but it is very center.. Centered... And I am looking for some ideas for the edges. I have two small rocks (plus essentially and infinite amount from my nearby creek) and a spare Anubis nana. I have no co2, but I am hoping the DHG will eventually carpet on the edges. Here is what I have...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399336943.077138.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399336950.549013.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399336959.761743.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399336967.842420.jpg

Yes I am going to cover the other part of the tank with black! X)

maybe some tall Anacharis (Egeria densa) for the sides and backround... here is the plant description: Egeria densa is a good plant for beginners, and its rapid growth helps create a balance in the aquarium from the start. It can also help prevent algae because it absorbs a great number of nutrients from the water. The plant secretes antibiotic substances which can help prevent blue-green algae (a type of bacteria). The growth rate depends largely on the amount of light and nutrition available. Growth does not stop in unfavourable conditions, but the plant turns light in colour and the tendrils grow thin. its about 3 bucks on this website: Anacharis (Egeria densa)

Back
Top Bottom