Ready or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
Day 24 on my FishCycling and water test results are:
PH: 7.5
Ammonia: 0-0.05 ( just to make sure)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0-2.5 (almost bright yellow)

Much better then 2 weeks ago (see my prev threads)

I have 10 Gal FW tank with 1 juvenile GBR (will be moved in a 75 gal in a couple of mos tops) and 1 Panda Cory ... had more of them but had to take them back due to v.high ammonia; tried to take them all back to do fishless cycling but lfs didn't want them, said might be sick :-( ... never buy there again, they advised me my tank was ready after one week fishless and sold me 6 fish when took water for testing. I learned my lesson, I have my own API FW kit and got where I needed to be after lots of testings and PWC.
Anyways, I was wondering if I am ready for a few more fish or I should keep testing it another week or so?
Plan is to get 1 or 2 more Pandas and 1 more GBR (heard they like to be in pairs, and again, will move them in 75 gal tank in a couple mos max).
Pls advise.

Your tank can't be considered cycled until you have 0 ammonia. You're probably just about there, but I'd wait to purchase more fish.

LyndaB said:
Your tank can't be considered cycled until you have 0 ammonia. You're probably just about there, but I'd wait to purchase more fish.

Will do another PWC and see after. Ty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom