really dumb question about O2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at my tank ( 10 gallon ) and noticed the new air pump with dual outlets, says its for 20- 60 gallon tanks, sure does put alot of bubbles through the 6 inch bubble tube and the single air stone, my question is, is there such thing as too much axygen being put into an aquarium>?

Too much aeration is only a problem if you have a planted tank with CO2 injection (it causes the injected CO2 to leave the water faster). Otherwise, it's just an aesthetic thing that won't harm fish or plants.
IME, tiger barbs just absolutely love swimming through bubbles!

Just adjust your gang valve to control the amount of air in the airstone.

I have a similar pump with a 6" airstone I had to turn mine down because of the amount of flow it created the poor little cories I have Kept getting blown of the rocks when they swam up. lol.

You can never have too much oxygen in a tank. O2 and CO2 levels are not linked in any way. You could have 30ppm co2 and extremely high O2 levels.

cool beans then, i thought my fish acted a bit more frisky, especially the molly, it darts around like its wired out on caffine lol

I took mine out because I was told that all of the action would upset my clawed frog. I heard that the vibration and movement of the water would mess with their senses because they can't hear.

Back
Top Bottom