Really Quick Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbyboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
*stocking sorry :)

Ok, currently I have 2 zebra danios and 3 neon tetras in my ten gallon tank.

I used to have many more danios but some died and some got wrapped around the filter and died which is really freaky but it happened.

As of now everything is ok, and I don't want to add any more tetras since the 3 are good together and the zebras I don't want to buy again just because they are too hyper for my tetras.

Is this understocked currently? And if so, what type of fish do you suggest? I don't want any mollies at all as they get sick too easily.

I was thinking maybe 1 blue or golden gourami or if you thought I had enough room could I do 2 of them? If not, just tell me your suggestions thanks!

Neither a gold or a blue work in a ten. They can grow to 5 inches. A dwarf gourami would work as would a paradise fish. You could look at sparkling gouramis and chocolates as well. A betta is another possibility. I would highly recommend three more neons they like a small group.

Would a dwarf gourami and 3 more neons be too much for the tank?

I agree. Neons like friends, and they are so small that they really don't look like much until they are in a small shoal in the tank, all moving together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom