red cap orandas and weather loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jess12313

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey im new to the site so bare with me,so ive had my 2 red cap orandas(ponyo and dandy ponyo is around 5 and a half inches dandy is 5) 2 fantails(tim 4 inches and origami 4 ) marty is a panda moor (4 and a half inches) and 3 weather loaches ive had roufous for about a 2 months he is 6 inches and ive had 2 baby ones arounf4 and 3 inches for 3 weeks recently both of the babies rear ends have been floating upwards and the other day the bugger out of the 2 was on the surface upside down but is fine now and is normal I was wondering what this could be? and with my oranda dandy is turning yellow and is acting as though he has something in his mouth like he is eating something.and my fantail is getting really fat and his scales are stretching on his belly and going grey is this a concern :confused::confused::fish2::fish2:

Try feeding them some peas and maybe bring the temperature up a little. My grandma has goldfish and we didn't know what to do and we just let it try to fix itself and it did. I don't recommend doing that because it might have just been us getting lucky. Try feeding cooked peas

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank size?

Water parameters?

This is either a very large tank or a pond I assume.

Caleb

its a 4ft by 2ft tank and I don't know the water parameters as im getting some more test strips today from pets at home dandy is fine now eating normal being his normal self trying to get attention lol but my loach is still floating a bit I will try some peas but ive only seen the replys like right now but thanks and ill tell u the water parameters later.

Just from personal experience and many many other people on here, test strips are pretty much junk. They can be very inaccurate. An API Liquid Test Kit doesn't cost much more than strips and will lots you a long time. It's also much more accurate.

Blanched peas are definitely something to try and if that's not what it is, they ate their vegetables for the day :D would love to see the tank it sounds huge!

Caleb

thank you and I will try and get one but only one pet shop around my area so might order one of ebay and yes the tank is massive although it doesn't have hardly any decorations due to the waste they produce :nono: but I wouldn't change them for the world lol thanks again:thanks:

That's a 4ft x 2ft x2ft to give you an idea of the size tank this person has.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430761103313.jpg
    1430761103313.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 64
Bit of perspective

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430761237800.jpg
    1430761237800.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts