Red Cherry Shrimp and Ph?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghostriderphoto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Want to breed red cherry shrimp and other colored freshwater shrimp, but my ph is 8.2. Is my ph going to be a problem? What can I do?

I also have.RCS in pH of 8+. They are fine and breeding like crazy! I never adjust my pH, I like things simple and stable. :)

ocean said:
I also have.RCS in pH of 8+. They are fine and breeding like crazy! I never adjust my pH, I like things simple and stable. :)

That is good to know! What about other colored shrimp? Do you know of they will tolerate the higher ph? I imagine I should drip acclimate these guys to the higher ph? How do you acclimate yours?

I only have RCS, no experience with the other kind. I put my shrimp in a small container, with the water thwy were shipped in and slowly added a small amount of tank water every 15 minutes. When the water was doubled in volume I dumped out half the water and added tank water again, every 15 minutes. Using the drip method is best but I didn't have any extra tubeing at the time.

What feed do they prefer? What is your temp set at? Do they like to hide? Should I get anything special for breeding them?

Ghostriderphoto said:
What feed do they prefer? What is your temp set at? Do they like to hide? Should I get anything special for breeding them?

I feed flake food, shrimp pellets, ect. They eat everything! My temp is set at 80* and I have alot of java moss in the aquarium, the shrimplets seem to hang out in it until they grow some and aren't considered a meal from the other fish. Otherwise the shrimp are in view all the time.

Back
Top Bottom