red cherry shrimp care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ze_Ubermuffin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thinking about getting some red cherry shimp and was wondering about parameters for the tank. Thanks

They will do fine in a very wide range of parameters. They do like the temps around mid 70's but pH isn't too much an issue. They are a beginner shrimp and pretty hardy from what I understand. I just got mine a couple weeks ago but other than the really small ones that have been eaten...they are doing great. My water is pH 7.6 and temps are around 80. I try to keep it lower but the room the tank is in stays pretty warm all the time. I have fallen in love with the shrimp and actually like them more than the fish...lol...I am in the planning stages of a 20g Tall shrimp tank now.

I have a ten gallon shrimp tank with only RCS in it. They breed like crazy and they are very hardy. I keep them in room temperature water. Just have plants for them like java moss so they can hide.

And what size tank should i use? I have the blue lidded living word aquarium its the next size up from the half gallon

Ive got a fluval ebi with rcs in ( 9 now, list one yesterday) fasenating little things. I tend to agree with the previous comment about favoring them to fish, as i do pay more attention to my ebi than my edge ( could be coz its new). Cant wait till thurs my lfs has its next delivery of rcs in!

Forgot to add this

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111007_172301.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111007_172301.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom