Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharAsh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on turning my 6.6 gallon tank into a shrimp tank for red cherry shrimp. I previously used the tank for fry but now I moved them to a larger tank along with all of their decorations. I wanted to make this tank more natural looking so all I have so far are rocks with moss. Thinking of planting some crypts in the bare area or maybe clovers might look pretty and contrast nicely against all the grey. Anyways, my heater went with the fry so I was wondering what temp I have to maintain for the shrimp. The lowest temp it reaches at night has been 70 degrees Fahrenheit, is that too cold? What temp would you recommend? If I need to I'll go buy a heater before I get the shrimp.

image-2662860457.jpg

image-3072945052.jpg

Thanks

Oh geez, I just saw that I posted under breeding haha I meant to put it under general. I was trying to look up info on RCS and I didn't realize what section I was under. Sorry

Hey! Cool idea :p.

I'd be careful with crypts, I know they're awesome, but they need more than low light. What system do you have?

Your tank would be fine without a heater, but I keep my tanks at 78 degrees always.

Okay cool, good to know I don't need to spend extra on a heater.

Thanks

since your tank doesnt have a lot of depth, you shouldn't be getting tall plants and the light will get to the bottom of the tank easier. generally, the wider or darker the leaves of a plant, the easier it is to absorb light through their leaves (like anubias). that doesn't mean you can't get thin leaved plants like water sprite tho, those grow nice and bushy when they get enough light.

Yeah I decided on marsilea minuta to do ground cover with. I think it would look nice. Just need to find someone who has a bunch for sale.

Crypts are GREAT low light plants. Mine are even growing under LEDs.
As everyone knows I would recommend Here, TPT or APC for buying plants.

MM may grow tall if the light is too low. But try it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom