red/purple agae dont know what it is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? I cant understand Factorboa's last post.
Thank you Thincat that made perfect sence. I will remove them both.
Which do you think I should take out first?
Also what is suficent lighting for a 20 gal. tank?
I got a 65w 50-50.

Also when I remove the power filter, should I get something to make up for the water current?

sorry kelso all i wanted to know how long i needed my light on a day cause got corals growing on my lr = live rock :) sorry u didnt understand im learning at this 2 :) i hope i dont get that mean purple stuff if i do u can teach me :) if i ever get it lol :)

Kelso, You are at about 3.5 watts per gallon now on your tank now which is the old rule on the amount of light to use. The problem is that compact flouresent lights don't penetrate that well so you would have to keep corals that need lots of light near the top of your tank. As far as which to remove first I would remove the 4 stage filter first, give it a good cleaning and use it as needed in the future. Then a week later remove the sponge. On a 20g you don't really need a skimmer, but it won't hurt to have it running. As far as flow, in a reef the move the better as long as you are not blowing your animals out of the water...so to speak. You should have at least two PH's that blow in opposite directions to cause a random flow pattern.

Factorboa, you should start another thread so that it would be easier to keep track of your questions. It confuses me to bounce between the two different questions on the same thread.
Can you take a picture or your LR. I think you may be confusing growth on your LR as to them being corals. What do they look like?
Here is a link to some common hitchhikers:
Xtalreef

im not very experienced but i do know u add corals if u got the rite lighting in which u probally have and when all your water tests r ok like nitrate,ph etc and i would say soft corals first thats what i did

Back
Top Bottom