Red Sea Prizm deluxe help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been cycling my tank for a couple of weeks now. I want to start using my skimmer. I tried setting it up and ran into a problem. It is just sucking up water and it started to overflow out of collection cup. I turned it off then I tried again and adjusted the flow regulator. I almost have to turn it off and it becomes very noisy. I must be doing something wrong.

edit.
I tried it a third time and I think I have it working. It is producing foam but it is not going into collection cup. I think that it's working right. The tank is only been going for 2 weeks. When there is something to collect then it should go into the collection cup. It is pretty quiet now. Does this sound right or am I doing something wrong?

I have one of these skimmers. They are very noisey and have to be adjusted all the time. I HATE THIS SKIMMER. There isn't really anyting I can do about it now. Except buy another one. Mine has been set-up for about 5mons. It either isn't producing any skim mate or over running. I find that if you take the whole thing off and rinse out about every 2 weeks it works better. Let me know if you have better luck

Just an update. I am getting a yellow skim mate. It is not that noisy anymore. I guess I am lucky so far.

I have this skimmer and I think it does a fine job. The main thing is that you have to clean it atleast 2x a month for it to keep working.

I think I am going to drill a hole in the bottom of the collection cup and run some tubing into a 2 litre soda bottle so I can skimm a little more wet without the cup overflowing.

yes i have this exact skimmer on my soon to be old 55g aquarium it works good to me

Back
Top Bottom