red tetra is pale, albino is swimming sideways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came home and one of my albino tetras was swimming kinda on her side and in small circles. I added melafix and pimafix *not a full dose* and fed.
Later when I went to check on her, I couldn't find any albinos swimming strangely or floating or laying on the bottom.
What I did find was 2 of the red tetras *like black skirts* were pale. One of them was swimming a bit tilted. I put another capful of each melafix and pimafix in. Then I added an entire capful of PRIME. It is a 36g tank.

3 days prior in a different tank, I found a cherry barb swimming tilted and in a small area. I did a 40% water change *knowing I was late with it* and that fish is fine now. If the tetras are not better by morning, I'll do a water change. I just did one 4-5 days ago. I wonder if I vacuumed too much or something....

I have not tested anything... The only thing that changed is the water seemed far too warm, so I adjusted the thermostat.... then it seemed too cold 3 days later. I tried to adjust it back up but not as far. COuld this have been too stressful for them? I think it dropped 3-4 degrees in 3 days and then went back up 2-3 in 2 days.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom