Red worms in bolivian ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my rams have been acting weird for months now it has what looks like thin red strings coming from its anus please help?

Ok thanks im just doing a water change now ill let you guys know

Ok im looking at sera nematol but i have no money to buy it is there any way i can treat it without the medication?

New Life Spectrum Thera A food has been reported to help reduce and kill internal parasites but if it's been ongoing for a while I would medicate and use the NLS food for ongoing protection.

Ive managed to order some medication hope its not to late

The worm is red from the fish's blood. It's a parasite that attaches to the intestinal wall. Not too many fish survive this parasite. Treating it is difficult. If the worm dies inside the fish, the fish will die as well, at least in most cases. Try adding some kind of garlic extract to the food, assuming it's still eating.

David

Ok ive done two doses so far one has passed some worms and is looking noticably better. My other ram isn't looking to good tho hes just sitting on the bottom ill be suprised if he makes it but im still hoping. Im dosing flubendazole

Back
Top Bottom