Reef Suppliments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my fowler tank up for about 2 months with a clown and dwarf anglefish. Theyre doing great! I was just doing research on adding some soft corals and the suppliments needed are sort of confusing. Do i only need calcium carbonate and magnesium? Or do i need the other additives such as iodine? Any help well apreciated!

Clownfisher said:
I have had my fowler tank up for about 2 months with a clown and dwarf anglefish. Theyre doing great! I was just doing research on adding some soft corals and the suppliments needed are sort of confusing. Do i only need calcium carbonate and magnesium? Or do i need the other additives such as iodine? Any help well apreciated!

If you keep up on water changes with a quality salt mix you wont need any additives at all a good salt mix has everything you need right in it

danbstrong said:
If you keep up on water changes with a quality salt mix you wont need any additives at all a good salt mix has everything you need right in it

Main thing is keep parameters stable ph alk

Clownfisher said:
How do u controll alk?

Wc until you get alot of coral it probably wont fluctuate much if at all check it weekly then just use an alk supplement as needed sps will use more alkand calcium to build skeleton lps dont use as much

Back
Top Bottom