Relocation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ahmed dada

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I am 14 (as of today), and will be relocating from South Africa to London (my parents were forced to because of their jobs) anyhow, I will be in tear as I have to leave my fish and tank behind (1x Betta 6x Glowlights in my BiOrb 8 Gallon) as I don't think they would survive and enjoy the 17 hour flight+3 hour transit+2 hour drive to the new house from Heathrow.

So I'm going to be buying a whole new (and hopefully bigger) tank for my room in the new house. I had my original for 3 years with no casualties and think I spoil my fish too much. In my new room I have a small space. Probably about 1.5 metres where I can put a tank. Any tank size recommendations and tank makes etc. Also need a filter/heater/thermometer everything.

Also more importantly, what fish? I LOVE schooling fish that are small like my glowlights and like neons

Thank you all:)

Also need cheaper tanks because my fish and all equipment come out of my pocket!! So any good online sites that sell cheap new/2nd hand tanks?

1.5 meters? That more than 48 inches? Cause I have a 90gal that is 48 inches long. You could do something that big and have amazing possibilities and an even more amazing tank :)

Always check creigslist. Great finds everywhere :) got my whole 90 gal and stand and everything needed for it except water and fish all for 350$

So what fish can go into a 90 gallon? Also plants, decor etc. Can someone give me an estimate of what it would all cost one put together. Assuming I buy it from craigslist

I found mine for 350$ I've seen then from 400-1000$ just gotta keep looking and searching for deals.
Idk about stocking, sorry. I'm a saltwater guy. But I got. 55 gallon I'm planning on settin up freshwater in the future :)

Ahmed dada said:
Also need cheaper tanks because my fish and all equipment come out of my pocket!! So any good online sites that sell cheap new/2nd hand tanks?

Craigslist is American, our version is gumtree also seapets for new tanks our quite cheap

So what could stocking be like? I love schools of nano fish and like easy-to-keep fish:)

Nobody:(

Stocking ideas? For a 90 gallon?

Also important is that i have fish who help to clean the tank as I travel ALOT such as algae eaters and shrimp

Ok so I'm thinking:

8 neon tetra
8 glowlight tetra
6 black neon tetra
6 golden neon tetra
3 coral gourami
Angels?
?
?
?

As you can see I love tetras:D
Discus maybe? Are they hard?

P.S I'm not so good at the stocking part but don't worry I care for them with care and patience:). That's why I need your help

You should do a planted tank and discus are beautiful, but require stable parameters so going away a lot would not be good. All those fish could work, for a 90 gallon you said? You could get a lot more fish. I LOVE hatchetfish! I've had them before, but they jump. Even if there is one inch open, they can go "carpet surfing". I love them b/c they look so unusual and funny :D. If you want to get more replies make a new thread under freshwater discussions: general discussion or getting started works.

Back
Top Bottom