Removing a ugf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my mom couldn't find sand so I'm going into lowes today to see if they have some. I should probably call first. I filled up the leaky tank and it's holding water so far. So maybe I could put them into that for the mean take down

Google pool & spa stores in your area. Lowes has sand but its typically play sand or for mixing with concrete. Its carbonate-based (rather than silica/quartz) and will result in your ph rising.

Urgh. That's not stable lol. I got a bunch of places that sell pools and ponds but it was basically warehouses. I'm in London Ontario if anybody knows a good store...

Wow how did you find it so fast. I searched them on google maps and got that store as well. Unfortunately I didn't have time before my dentist appt. And it didn't get done till 8:30 so I wouldnt have made it in time. But thank you so much! You even find out the prices my dad was going to put sand in one of his tanks and there sold sand for $20 for like 25lbs.'I told him it was a rip off.

Ya the fish keep multiplying here... Want a krib lol.

I got so mad!!!!!!!! The store was closed!!!!!! It was only 5 to!!!! Now I have to get it in the morning before I go and get my invisilines. But at least I no I am going to get it for sure...

Also the 30g I have attempted to fix is still holding water so I will put the fish into it during the take down. Should I put son structures and decor in that tank while they are in it.

Anything from the tank your doing the switch on can go into the other tank if your going to reuse it (decor, plants, etc). No sense in letting the decor, etc dry out because theres bacteria on it that needs to stay viable. Good luck getting your sand tommorrow! :)

Ya I figures if there was enough bb in the filters it wouldn't matter as much. But the more the better.

Guess what! I got it!!! I was so happy when I saw it and he showed me what it looked like before I bought it also!!! So happy

Attachments

• image-275319890.jpg
    image-275319890.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 47
There will be. I want to keep my rocks and everything in the same spot. I can't really think of anything else that would look as good. Sorry it's blurry. Also on the bag, it days do not inhale the dust...

Attachments

• image-4248953851.jpg
    image-4248953851.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 52
Would a mask be a good idea then? Or is that some over doing it?

The pfs I have is not dusty. I actually just spent the last hr washing a 50pd bag of it because I am in the process rebuilding my 'leech tank'. When you open it, if theres a big puff of dust dont inhale! Lol!! Once it gets wet, no worries! Be as cautious as you feel is necessary. :)

Lol the puff of death. It was frozen so it's still kinda wet. Maybe I will get lucky... I actually just noticed a little puddle coming out of it.

Back
Top Bottom