Rep points

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave66

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this post, but I've noticed that there's an option (the whitish scales to the lower right of a post) to give reputation points to a user if one feels his or her post is especially worthwhile. I've also noticed there's no section that displays rep points in the User CP.
It could also be a weighted scale on how many points a user gives you based on how many rep points the giver has. That is, say you have 100 rep points, thus you give five points at a time. You have 200, you give 10 a shot. Your rep points don't go down when you give them.
And each hundred adds a green box under the username. Over time, users with multiple green boxes could be counted on to know where of they speak.
I've seen this feature at another forum.
Perhaps that feature could be added to the forum?

Dave

We do have this feature on the forum. It's a new feature, and hasn't taken onto full swing yet. Just like you stated, if someone gives you good advice or is helpful, click the little scales under their username and provide some feedback, and it will build that user's reputation.

each user can view any reputation points they've been awarded by clicking on User CP, but I don't believe you can view anyone's rep comments but your own. As a user gets more reputation, the "lights" directly under their post count will turn green and show that the user has been receiving positive reputation.

Great answer, neilanh! That is correct. To see your own rep comments, scroll down in your user CP past all the PMs and subscribed threads, or just collapse those sections. You can't see comments left for others, just your own.

Dave66, are you from Mars, PA? :)

lol, goes to show you how oblivious I can be sometimes. I had no clue where to find the comments left by others! That's pretty cool.

Thanks Neilan and An t-iasg

I've noticed that little message for the green boxes has changed! Went from 'x will be famous soon enough' to 'x has started an aquarium' or 'x hears surf in the shell' or 'x has fishy dreams' Also noticed that some members have two green boxes now...I assume that means they have more rep points. Cool updates!

You have a good eye, Heidi! :) We changed the reputation descriptions from the software defaults ("will be famous soon enough") to fun, fishy-like sayings. I think it will be fun for everyone to see their descriptions change as they progress through the rep levels!

That was a good eye!

No asking for the list. Have to rep up to see it!

Pitt, it's controlled in the forum software, not by the individual users.

No, he's not from Mars, PA (I already asked)! LOL! I have a buddy that lives in Fombell and he's from Mars, Pa.

Back
Top Bottom