Replacing a bonded pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just found the body of my pistol shrimp. Looks like a digging accident. He has been paired with a watchman goby for over a year. Will I have trouble finding a new friend for my goby. Should I get the same type of pistol shrimp? Should I insist only on buying an unbonded shrimp?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The shrimp and goby will find each other

Just found the body of my pistol shrimp. Looks like a digging accident. He has been paired with a watchman goby for over a year. Will I have trouble finding a new friend for my goby. Should I get the same type of pistol shrimp? Should I insist only on buying an unbonded shrimp?

Are you sure it just wasn't a molt you found?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There was some color to the body peace i found. I know my freshwater shrimp molts are white. I didn't get a great look at the piece cause I knocked it in the whole when I tried to get it out. The goby has been sitting by one spot all night. Usually hides more.

Oops. Was a molt found a huge pieces. But i stupidly bought another pistol. How do you think they will get along. Only a 29g

Did place the new one on opposite side of tank. The original ones burrow is in the front corner so hopefully new one doesn't make it there

Back
Top Bottom