Resealed Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtra51

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys! So I just resealed this retro 10 gallon. I call it retro because it has chrome edges because it is old. Anyway, I used acrylic with silicone that is white. Is this stuff okay to use for the seal? I am not worried about the toxins leaching out because I will be having the water sit for a few weeeks doing daily full water changes.

you should always use sealant that says 100% silicone anything else could have some sort of toxic stuff in it

Definitely the wrong stuff. I would remove all of it and use something like GE 1 Windows/Doors silicone. You don't want to use the silicone for Kitchens/Baths as it has a mold resistance chemical in it.

ccCapt said:
Definitely the wrong stuff. I would remove all of it and use something like GE 1 Windows/Doors silicone. You don't want to use the silicone for Kitchens/Baths as it has a mold resistance chemical in it.

Yah this stuff didn't, but I just water tested it and then tried to rub it off, it came right off the glass. Whenever I have time, ill just go and get some silicone and redo it. Resealing takes forever!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom