resealing tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was reading in a diy post about sealing tanks...they guy said i think that you can use 100% silicone bought at the fish store a home depot..i went to home depot and got 100% silicone...it dries clear and what not..i sealed up my tank...but then i read that its not for aquariums will i be ok with it? or do i need to start over again? help..or i might just go by a new tank..i got this one for free and figured i can seal it up...the seal looks nice but now im kinda scared to find out if its gonna leak on down the road..i plan to fill it with water and let it set out in the garage for a few days hopefully this will give me an indication that it just might leak without ruining my hard wood floors :roll: :?

That is a risk. It would be hard to tell as to when a seal would eventually give; especially in a tank. Is there a way you can get the proper sealant and coat over it at all? Not sure if that is an option or not, but may give you more peace of mind.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom