Resetting up nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tangaloo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just recently moved and I just reset up my 16 gallon nano tank. I brought all my live rock down with me in buckets and I made sure to rinse them before putting them in my tank. I let the rock sit in there for a few days and then added 2 damsels. So far one has died but i'm pretty sure it was because the other was picking on it. My fish are getting sent down to me in a month, and my tank has already been set up for almost three weeks now, is that going to be enough time?

Have you tested the water? What are the Ammonia and Nitrite levels? If you re-used everything from a previously cycled tank, you should not have seen a huge spike. I would test the water to be sure though.

I'm actually doing a water change tomorrow . I think the spike has finally started to happen cause my lil damsel isnt looking to happy. I wasw hoping the same thing about the spike but there was a lot of die off when in transit on the live rock (even the hermits died) and my skimmer has been pulling crap out of there like no other. I'll try to get the test results up tomorrow though.

I brought all my live rock down with me in buckets and I made sure to rinse them before putting them in my tank.
Did you rinse them in SW or FW? How about the substrate, did you save it, rinse it, use new? What are our current water parameters? Sounds like you will need to cycle again before adding in fish.

The rocks were so gross that I ended up rinsing them off in salt water though I know I should have used saltwater. Substrate I saved and didnt rinse since its sand. Currently, i dont know my parameters, school has gotten in the way of my tank cleaning. I think your right and i'm just gonn ahave to cycle the tank again.

Back
Top Bottom