Return pump help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, i have. 125 that I have attempted to return pipe, I'm am competely confused as to what is happening with it. I have 3/4 PVC that splits off into 4 returns then has lockline that each splits into 2 1/2 outputs. So I have 8 outputs. I had a mag 12 on it and it was barely pumping out water. So I went out and got a wwaveline 12000 which nearly triples the gallons per hour but still barely has any flow. The mag 12 had a 3/4 inch output but the waveline has a 1 inch barb fitting. What am I doing wrong that this is happening? Even shutting off two of the outputs I still don't get an increase in flow, my hopes were to not have to put powerheads in the tank but that seems like it's not possible at this point unless I'm just not doing something right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much vertical distance from pump to top of tank? Your problem is likely your initial pipe diameter is too small. Minimum for a mag 12 is 1.5" PVC for maximum flow. Go with that or larger before you start to split.

Back
Top Bottom