Reviews on this fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck! I have an Odyssea T5HO on my one tank but it has screw on brackets. No complaints so far (had since dec) & the plants grow like crazy. :)

That's great to know! :)

Following along....I bought that exact fixture for my 29g, and was advised to return it and buy the dual T5HO if I wanted decent growth, even without CO2. Sure enough, my plants are showing a lot of new growth, and I don't have an algae issue (not yet anyway:)).

That's awesome. I'm hoping I don't end up with an algae outbreak, but to avoid it, I'll be starting with probably 4-5 hrs of light a day.

With the diy co2, I'm going to try and find the least confusing, least complex way to do it. So far, not so good! haha

That's awesome. I'm hoping I don't end up with an algae outbreak, but to avoid it, I'll be starting with probably 4-5 hrs of light a day.

With the diy co2, I'm going to try and find the least confusing, least complex way to do it. So far, not so good! haha

That was the selling point for me on the better fixture. I probably will go co2 eventually, and now I won't have to upgrade my lighting when I do. This is a current picture of the 29g. I've had the new fixture for about 2 months. I've got a long way to go, but I'm looking forward to it.

Attachments

• updated tank 010.jpg
    updated tank 010.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 62
Oh wow! Gorgeous tank! Looks as if you already have co2.

My thoughts, you have to have some sort of wpg rule otherwise how do u know where to start. 2: u could just run 1 bulb instead of two in the fixture. I feel people make lighting more difficult than it needs to be; not that its easy but its also not too difficult. Soooo many other factors must go hand in hand when talking lighting. IMO.

My thoughts, you have to have some sort of wpg rule otherwise how do u know where to start. 2: u could just run 1 bulb instead of two in the fixture. I feel people make lighting more difficult than it needs to be; not that its easy but its also not too difficult. Soooo many other factors must go hand in hand when talking lighting. IMO.

What do you mean how do I know where to start? There's not really a wpg rule for High Outputs.

What do you mean how do I know where to start? There's not really a wpg rule for High Outputs.

If you don't have a PAR reader, how do u know what type and how much light to use? 1 fixture or 2? NO or HO or halide?

Been there already and not all that information is accurate, as stated in another thread by poppy. My statement was just merely a crude rule of thumb; not the absolute! A PAR device is the only true way of determining lighting.Good luck with your lighting issue.

Odyssea 48w dual t5ho

Attachments

• New fixture.jpg
    New fixture.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 53
Odyssea 48w dual t5ho

Nice! Now you have a lot more options as far as plants go. I have several that are not only thriving, but growing really well...without co2 so far. I think some swords and crypts would look great in there.

Reygan2 said:
Nice! Now you have a lot more options as far as plants go. I have several that are not only thriving, but growing really well...without co2 so far. I think some swords and crypts would look great in there.

Thank you! I'm going to see how these ferns do this week, then see if I'll need some Excel. Next weekend I'm going to add more plants for sure! Probably a good 5 or 6 plants to break up and spread all over.

Back
Top Bottom