Ricordea???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have any experience with these? They are very colorful and come in a multitude of colors, but how hardy are they, what do they need as far as trace minerals, and how aggressive are they? Any info will be greatly appreciated...

I have some. They do not like a lot of water movement and are pretty slow growers. They will eventually form what looks like two eyes and then split down the middle. They are somewhat aggressive, it depends on what you put next to it. They are very pretty though, there are some really cool colors.

Hope this helps.

I have several and they are very hardy. I cant remember what your lights were but you should be OK.

Completely agree with the above. Our's actually did better (several splits) when we had slacked for on maintenance for awhile, they apparently like "dirty" water. I wouldn't recommend that though. ;)

Ok, thanks for all the advice ladies and gentlemen. I will be lokoing into getting some of these. My LFS is closed today but has some nice looking ricordeas.

I went back to my LFS on Monday and did indeed pick up one of their Ricordeas. It is a green one about the size of a silver dollar or so and the proprietor of the LFS said it was a few weeks away from splitting. I don't know how true this is but there appears to be two mouth like areas on it. I am at work at the moment but will take and post a picture of it when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom