RINGWORM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't go to the doctor

EXVISOR19641964 said:
Didn't really think anything about it until I started itching a few days later, went to my doctor and found out I got ringworm and boy does it look like a ring, the name fits

my father and mother laughed when I mentioned doctor they were like we use to get this all the time as kids don't need no doctor just put some clear polish on it and it will dye

EXVISOR19641964 said:
that's what a friends mother told me to use

:?:

I would just like either the straight story or an explanation why you are giving the members here the runaround. You claimed the doctor agreed that you could have gotten it from your fish tank. With impressionable people reading the boards every day, this is how misinformation grows and spreads. If you have ringworm and you thought you got it from your fish tank, that's fine and understandable. We will help with information to help you better understand the condition and cure. But this road course story can get confusing for everyone.

No run around here, boy you sound mad about something, my doctor happens to live a block over from me and I see my doctor waliing her dog as I walk mine also when I go in for treatment on other things, I did mention it to her sho also mentioned the same thing the other menbers did which is the stuff for jock itch or athlets foot
She is also an old school doctor that when i mentioned parents way of killing back in those days she also knew of this and said I could try it if not come in ,she is the one that told me it was ring worm after seeing it that it was no big deal ,as we talked and walked I was concerned that I of all people could get this as I am very clean and don't do any kind of out side lbr ,not that's its beneith me I just don't have to
My dog also is bathed every other day which is a mini poodle that was a giant 7 lbs
so now you have the whole story ,hope you feel better if not breath in breath out, wax on wax off

Oh and buy the way all i did was answer your questions so if thats the run around then you must be involved as well since i'm now answer you questions

Thanks for the explanation, understand it is difficult to respond to statements that go back and forth...and that some people enjoy telling stories. Your lack of punctuation makes it difficult at times as well to understand your messages. Mind if I ask how old you are? I think it would help me understand your perspective.

I'm 45 and still ticking, blind half deaf and falling apart but still going

If you are blind, how do you mess around in a fish tank...and also notice that your fish are showing symptoms of ammonia/nitrate poisoning? And do you have another dog, such as a companion to get you around in addition to your toy poodle? Maybe you got the ringworm from it?

NOT FULLY BLIND, JUST BLIND IN A SENSE THAT I'M OLD AND CAN'T SEE THINGS UNTIL THERE ABOUT ON TOP OF ME AS IN OLD AND FALLING APART
JUST A FIGURE OF SPEACH LIKE BLIND AS A BAT

Sheesh....at 45 that's a bummer to describe yourself as old. I know for one thing, if i couldn't see very well, a lionfish would be the last on my choice of fishes. :lol:

If you are blind, how do you mess around in a fish tank...and also notice that your fish are showing symptoms of ammonia/nitrate poisoning? And do you have another dog, such as a companion to get you around in addition to your toy poodle? Maybe you got the ringworm from it?

RPFLOL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Were you joking? If you was'nt, sorry, and thanks for being concerned. :wink:

Speaking of lion fish when I first got him no one told me they have venum and could stig you ,I put my hand in the tank to feed my puffer who loves me like i'm his daddy, comes right to my hand and eats
Then the lion came over to me and i'm thinking wow he's not afraid of me and then I found out why ,he got me good ,this was a long time ago
Again not knowing anything about a lion fish I go back to the pet store the following weekend to look at fish and I tell the guy he stung me and my hand was pretty swollen, he asked did I go to the doctor I said no should I have, he said well if its been a week then I guess your ok, said alot of people don't take a lion fish sting well ,said maybe I didn't get a full dose
I was amazed, you think they would tell people this before selling them a fish, I just thought it was a good looking fish and was different so I got it ,didnt know much about fish back then, now I research before buying anything to make sure its a fish that does well and is hardy

By the way I'm giving the lion to a buddy of mine this weekend that wants him
the reason is he is big and also stressing out my other fish in the sense that my tank at times looks like a ghost town as they all seem to be hiding now except the lion plus all of a sudden my puffer does not seem to like him, he keeps blowing him self up which is no good for him
anyway I'm going to get a new tang, I like tangs plus I need a mean one as I have a sail fine tang with an attitude problem ,heard theres a chinese tang thats nasty

Having a tank with a lot of fish in it, it is inevitable that some fighting will go one. However, removing a fish, and purposely adding an aggressive fish to fight with another does not make much sense to me. So one tang may "fall in line", then you will still have the new "nasty" one with an attitude. Where do you go from there?

well I think the tang is better because my other fish are a bit more nasty then the tang and the tangs don't bother them but they sure fight among them self ,was told that you should of one tang that's the leader and add him last so I was thinking thats what I would do, do you much about tangs and which are nasty and which are mellow

I ws told that with tangs there has to be one leader, the problem is I have a unicorn tang thats not to be a mean fish and I have a nasa which is not so bad, my sail fin was double the size of them both so he rain the tang gang will call it, lol
when the unicorn doubled his size to where he is bigger then the sail fin all they do is fight and nip at each other a good part of the day
I did something stupid a while ago, I bought a clown tang which from what I read is a hard fish to keep in captivity but it was beautiful and nasty
what was funny though it was a quarter of the size of the other tangs but he was like the captain and kept them in line, he died three months after I got him but the pet store guy wared me up front hard fish to keep but I took a chance, he said that I did good if I kept him for three months so I figured I would get another tang ,a nasty one, nothing big since size does not seem to matter with them as there all afraid of my trigger and puffer thats very small

Tank is already overstocked, I would not add anything. The lack of available territory is problem adding to the aggressive tendencies of your fish. Adding another simply compounds the problem IMO.

Back
Top Bottom