RIP Chinese algae eater! How to start now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnLGG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After moving into a new bedroom and moving my fish tank to the hall, my chinese algae eater who was at least 4 years old died (There could have been multiple reasons as to why, but I am unsure at this current time!). The CAE used to have odessa barbs as tankmates, but they all seemed to kill each other off over the years! Anyone who has had a CAE knows how hard it is to choose tankmates for them, but now I have the freedom to start fresh!

Sorry about babbling on, but here is my question: how should I set my tank up now?

I have a 33 gallon tank with an Eheim canister filter (And an aquaclear filter I could set up as well if needed) and the tank has driftwood with lots of java moss and java fern.

I'm interested in getting siamese algae eaters since they're nicer than CAE's, but how many could I put in the tank? (It would only be them in the tank)

Getting goldfish from my neighbor is an option as well, but how would I set up for that? (Would also only be goldfish in tank)

If you had any other tank build suggestions I would love to hear them! I would prefer it if the fish were on the cheaper side because money is an issue at the moment!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom